With more people being vaccinated each day, more of us are considering traveling over this Memorial Day weekend. Whether it be by car or plane getting out to explore the world around us is an itch many of us have been dying to scratch for well over a year. But of course we need to do so safely and in a responsible way. Here are some tips for an anxiety free trip:
1, Make Sure Your Car is Safe- Before going on a trip it is always smart to make sure your car is in good shape and operating safely. The last thing you want is to be on your adventure and your car breaks down. This is especially important because most of us haven’t been putting very many miles on the car over the last year.
Some places will even offer battery tests and other quick checks for free. It’s also important to make sure you have a spare tire that is in good repair and know how to use it in case of a flat tire.
2. Wait 2 Weeks After Second Dose- The CDC says it takes 2 weeks after your second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines to be considered ‘fully vaccinated’. They also say to “self monitor for COVID-19 symptoms after you travel…but you do not need to get tested or self-quarantine if you are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID 19 in the past 3 months”
3. Follow Mask Guidelines- As of May 13th the CDC has said “fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by…laws”. These laws are changing rapidly so please be respectful of where you are and their “local business and workplace guidance”
4. Planes Filter Air- One comforting thing about flying is the air systems in the planes. “Air is refreshed roughly every 2 to 3 minutes- a higher rate than in grocery stores and other indoor spaces” This should help feel more secure on planes despite the tight quarters.
5. Keep Your Healthy Living On Vacation- While it may be tempting to “cheat” on your diet and exercise on vacation it usually isn’t the best idea. We want to feel energized and have a good time on vacation and if we stray from our normal diet and exercise our bodies will let us know they don’t like it! The last thing we want on vacation is to be bloated and not feel well so include your normal activity as best you can.
6. First Aid Ready to Go- Having basic first aid essentials including hand sanitizer, sunscreen and the Zim’s Line of Pain Relief Products will help you feel good and have a great trip.
We hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend! Travel safely and have a blast with family and friends.